[Dixielandjazz] Re: Metallica sues over use of chords

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 21:02:03 PDT 2003

Hi all . . . sorry if this is a bit rude,

Bob Romans sent this along:

>Claim:   Heavy metal band Metallica is suing the group Unfaith over their
>use of the E and F chords.

This is, of course a very silly business and can be great fun. It falls into
the category of "musicians jokes" - you know, the kind only musicians are
supposed to understand.

This brings to mind a funny one I heard the other day (I'm sure it's not
new) . . .

Have you heard of the f-word augmented?

F - U - C sharp - K

Sorry 'bout that,

Bill (I won't reveal my last name) ******
jazzboard at hotmail.com

P.S.  . . .  and then there's the one about "Life Is Just A Bowl Of
Cherries" in 5/4 time.  Don't ask.