[Dixielandjazz] New Tunes

Burt Wilson futurecon at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 23:30:00 PDT 2003

Frankly, Dick Cary could write anything! Another story from my book: a
customer asked for "Battle Hymn of the Republic" one night and I
apologetically asked Dick to play it. "No problem," he said. "There's only
one song I really hate." "What's that?" I asked. "Never mind," he said,
"you haven't called it yet." The next night in the second set I called
"South." "That's it," Dick said.

Burt Wilson
Silver Dollar Jazz Band

Bacharach's