[Dixielandjazz] Black Jazz men

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 20:57:01 PDT 2003

You want Black Dixieland jazz men? Come to Philadelphia. We usually have
at least one token black man in Barbone Street's "A" Band. Sometimes as
many as 3 which is half the band.

Jim Beatty used our #1 trumpet player, (Black) at the Great Falls
Montana Festival last year and he was a smash hit. Imagine what he must
be like in his regular gig with us. Come visit Philly and see for
yourself.

Want a Black Jazz Band? Hire Preservation Hall. They usually come with
grant money from your local "arts" foundation and will ALWAYS draw an
audience.

Bottom line. If you are running a professional, money making, jazz
festival, they are a good investment and will return more than they
cost.

Cheers,
Steve