[Dixielandjazz] Bio-bi wotta-loada

Captain Rapture yup1275 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 13:17:16 PDT 2003

Well! David McCartney is a standup kinda Bass Player.
Plays solos like it was a horn.
Trad and newer jazz and I do believe in amplification!
Not loud, but a clear presence.
Played 27 of the last 30 Sac Jubilees.
Often stops breathing during solos; I'm busy!
Formed & led Hangtown Jazz Company for 16 years.

Jack-of-all-parts Barbershop Quartetter; baritone & teacher
Onetime Ukulele virtuoso, recently scored a Martin Tenor Guitar.
Tunes righty, plays lefty. On the bass it's righty/righty.
Former Mr Tall San Francisco, now 65 in Placerville, CA.
Mini-Cooper and MG Midget restorer. Former SCCA racer / instructor.
Traffic violator school teacher / Integra GSR driver: go figure!

Anti-social worker and Hypnotherapist (hence the Captain Rapture)
Left-handed ADHD/ADD, Right-brained. Astro sign: Feces.
Chronic depression means all I've accomplished, I've earned double.
Studied jazz with Hal Conn while in Jr High. Raised in Santa Barbara.
High school combo: The Blue Notes, played piano, imitated George
Shearing (MGM 78s!) and Dave Brubeck, played mostly in C.

I collect vinyl: Django Reinhardt, Percy Grainger, Hawaiian Slack Key,
Hi-Los, Good hot & funky trad, incl British, Woody Allen, Barbershop
and Pennywhistlers, Pete Seegar, Lionel Hampton, Red Norvo,
Jack Teagarden, Genny Boodman. Cat's name is Buffalo Bob.
Once had a dog named Charley Barker.

Gig coming up: Thursday July 24, Antioch CA, The Wallace Arms 7-10.
Earl Scheelar, Pete Main, Bob Mielke, Don Kidder, and ME.
This allstar front line floats on a light, steady 4-beat New Orleans
Rhythm.
This pub is on the web. They feature Scots brews and fare, including
Bangers & Mash, Fish & Chips, but no Haggis lately.