[Dixielandjazz] AOL

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 17 13:18:30 PDT 2003

Hi Jim,

AOL has been overdoing their spam filtering for months now.  At least
your e-mails came bouncing back so you knew that they didn't get
through.  I'm an eBay record seller and many of my e-mails to my auction
winners who use AOL do not get through, but neither do they come
bouncing back.  The result is ill will between buyer and seller, both of
whom think the other is ignoring them.  Many eBay sellers have been
having this problem with AOL; also with Hotmail addresses.  Presumably
AOL is flagging certain ISP's as potential sources of spam and are
blocking all or most e-mails from those sources.  What is maddening is
that some e-mails get through and some don't.  There is no consistency
to the policy.

Musical content:  Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter.

Best regards,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records
Natick, Mass.