[Dixielandjazz] Band Info, Drexel Univ.Student

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 11:03:17 PDT 2003

Thanks Charlie. Hell of a way to make a living eh? Communicating on the
DJML is almost as much fun as playing the music.

What I learned from the Drexel student is that I have been sadly remiss
in marketing to the Jazz Studies classes at the local Universities. My
goodness, what an opportunity. There are easily 20 Colleges within
commute distance, of which 10 must be teaching a jazz course.

Yeah, and High Schools too.

Stupid me. Why am I not going after them? To play if possible, and if
not, to tell them via a lecture or two about all those 20th century jazz
legends mentioned in their course of study, and what our experiences
were in talking/playing with them.

Be it resolved that I, for one, am going to both, frequently, from now
on. Others can start the youth bands and I will start the youth
audiences. Together we will conquer the world.

YCDBSOYA

Cheers,
Steve