[Dixielandjazz] Re: Getting off our asses

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 16 19:52:48 PDT 2003

on 7/14/03 8:47 AM, Stephen Barbone at barbonestreet at earthlink.net wrote:

> Right, lots of gigs out there. Even quasi religious gigs. As you know we did
> one for the 150 Nuns, two weeks ago. This weekend did one for "Legatus" a
> group
> of Catholic CEOs (Legatus means Ambassadors in Latin I think). Followed by one
> for the Quakers.
>
> Doing one shortly for the Lutherans, then Presbyterians, then a Jewish
> Retirement complex. Man, we've got all the western religious bases covered.

This is an impressive list!

And don't fail to post us about your first Southern Baptist gig.   Now THAT
will really impress us!

Charlie

> One of the Nuns who fell dancing, fractured her foot and said. "Well, I
> guess that is the price of a good time." Ya gotta love that attitude.

You do, indeed.  I've sent your posts to Sister Patricia Gallagher who runs
the Sinsinawa Dominican mother house in Wisconsin, and she loved them.  Will
let you know if any work develops.

Charlie