[Dixielandjazz] music Chat matters

john petters jpettjazz at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 16 20:05:06 PDT 2003

Hi Jim
> Music that matters lives on, John.  (Listen to Rod Stewart's latest
> "American Songs".)

Always thought Rod Stewart had a good voice that was wasted on bad material.

Caught him on TV a few months back. Thought his pitching suspect.

>All we can do is hang on for the ride, and continue doing what we enjoy
(Dixieland) & finding people that enjoy it, also.  It is completely daft
to put down everything that is going on, or to try to blame it on any
one person (or group).  Time is a flowing, changing thing.  One can
reminisce, but one can not change (nor should one try to place blame for
>something so natural as change).

Yes but there is not a level playing field. Dixieland etc does deserve to be
heard, yet in the UK that is denied by the folk who control what's hip.
If something is good I'll support it. Robbie Williams did a good job. Diana
Krall is wonderful. So its not just nostalgia for the old days. Anyway I
wasn'y about in the old days.
Cheers

John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ