[Dixielandjazz] Louis, Hello Dolly

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Wed Jul 16 10:34:15 PDT 2003

Joe Darensbourg told me this story.

He was playing clarinet with Louis when they were touring in Purtorico.
They kept getting requests for "Hello Dolly." They had no idea how the song
went as they had recorded it some time before.

Louis sent a band boy all over Purtorico looking for the sheet music or
record but could not find it.  They had to have it flown in from NY.

The song was originally recorded without a banjo.  The banjo track was added
later.  I think he told me it was some banjo player from Las Vegas but I
can't really remember.

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA, USA, Earth, Sol's System, Milky Way
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See: http://www.ringwald.com
Boondockers Jazz & Comedy Band