[Dixielandjazz] You Can Always Find One -was Re: Musical Versatility

KenASlater at aol.com KenASlater at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 12:53:00 PDT 2003

barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> I can understand that some Brits may not like certain US styles of
> Dixieland, that's fine. After all, I can't stand British Trad. If there is ever to be
> any such thing as musical pollution (sic), it would get my vote.

Steve

I agreed with everything you said till you reached that part. As someone who
grew up with, and loves, British Trad, (as well as all US Dixieland styles) I
happily include it in my MKOM list and listen to it-often.

However  your other comment also applies to me
'But that is one man's opinion and in the grand scheme of things, not worth a
damn' thing.'

and to paraphrase another: I can't remember who invented the original:

'I don't agree with what you say, but would fight with my life for your right
to say it.'

As I've said I'm not a musician, so would any of you guys be interested in a
new thread:

>From a musical point of view what is wrong with British Trad?

Steve could start.

Cheers