[Dixielandjazz] Re: Getting off our asses

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 14 10:47:57 PDT 2003

Hey Charlie:

Right, lots of gigs out there. Even quasi religious gigs. As you know we did
one for the 150 Nuns, two weeks ago. This weekend did one for "Legatus" a group
of Catholic CEOs (Legatus means Ambassadors in Latin I think). Followed by one
for the Quakers.

Doing one shortly for the Lutherans, then Presbyterians, then a Jewish
Retirement complex. Man, we've got all the western religious bases covered.

Cheers,
Steve

PS. One of the Nuns who fell dancing, fractured her foot and said. "Well, I
guess that is the price of a good time." Ya gotta love that attitude. Also
noted that Benny Carter was a "self taught" arranger. Now that's something.