[Dixielandjazz] Re: chords on "I'm Comin'"?

W.P. Mossel w.p.mossel at wanadoo.nl
Fri Jul 11 22:51:53 PDT 2003

At 03/07/11 12:00 -0700, Burt Wilson wrote:
>If you're playing it in F, the first two chords are C7 and C7+
>If in Eb, the first two chords are Bb7 and Bb7+
> >From then on, everyone has a different way of playing it. I like Condon's
>way--came out in the late 50's--with the descending chords coming in on the
>second beat.

We do it the same way, but it is, lets say, the last bar of the verse. It
is an upbeat for the chorus. Generally it is a break. When you don't make
it a break the last bar of the verse is / C7 C75+ / (when you play in F).

Kind regards, Vriendelijke groet, Grusze
Wim Mossel

Tenor guitar player of  The Autoreverse Jazz Orchestra
http://www.autoreverse.nl/

a.k.a. w.p.mossel at wanadoo.nl