[Dixielandjazz] Give me the simple life

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Fri Jul 11 18:10:46 PDT 2003

Chris Calabrese rightly said :

"The ultimate solo piano version of Simple Life is by Oscar Peterson, on his
"Tracks" album."

I've had that album for years and listened to it this afternoon. Mindblowing
pianistics, but I am looking for a version which would be playable by a
reasonably competent pianist. There is just no way that I could even begin
to emulate Oscar's quite incredible performance.

I know a Yank called Jim Martinez who can do a very respectable impression
of Peterson and wouldn't be at all surprised if he could handle something as
difficult as this.

It would make a great OKOM tune which could be played slow or fast, the
changes are lovely.

John Farrell
stridepiano at tesco.net