[Dixielandjazz] Re: Simultaneous events

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 12:11:38 PDT 2003

> From: "Ron Wheeler" <rwheeler at flex.com>
>
> quoting Barbone

> Not because I'm a great clarinet player, but because that version is the one most often seen and as the band principal some venues specify that they want me, warts and all.

> Steve,
>
> I'm hoping to see you [and your warts] again in the late August - early
> September time frame while I'm visiting my son.  I'll keep watch of your web
> site sked list to see when and where you are.  Anything in the southeastern
> PA / northern Delaware area is cool. Best from Wake Island,

List mates & Ron:

If in the area shoot for Saturday September 7. The "A" Band is appearing at a nationally prominent Equestrian Event in West Grove PA. Called "The Laurels At Landhope" it will feature (simultaneously) horse and carraige competition, 100 entrants and a selection trial event for next year's World Championships,  dog agility trials 220 entrants, an eclectic trade fair, and a 2 hour jazz concert by
Barbone Street which will also be broadcast on the local radio station. Takes place on 500 acres and is truly a weekend in the country for landed gentry, hoi polloi, Dixieland, music and jazz fans.

Will be a "culture shock" from the usual sand and gooney birds of Wake Island. ;-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone