[Dixielandjazz] Riverboat Natchez' Shedule

Bobolink7736 at aol.com Bobolink7736 at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 18:18:59 PDT 2003

While I think I understand your concerns about "the Dukes of Dixieland," I
have noticed that several groups appear simultaneously in different locales.
Other than
the special interest in preserving the integrity of the name and the
interests of the estates is there some other reason that you object to groups
appearing in two different venues simultaneously under the same name?  And if the
group appearing
on the Natchez Riverboat plays first rate Dixieland why should a listener
care what
the band is called?  The Glenn Miller Orchestra under the direction of Jerry
Gray (without Glenn Miller) still sounded the same, didn't it?  And weren't
they live musicians whereas Glenn Miller was not?  The asset assignment
arrangement doesn't really matter all that much to someone just wanting to hear
first-rate music
whatever the genre.

best wishes,
boblynn