[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jazz Festivals

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Thu Jul 10 09:55:38 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Jul 9, 2003, at 09:25 US/Pacific, TCASHWIGG at aol.com wrote:
> Out west we have Tomato Festivals, Bean Festivals, Zucchini Festivals,
> Strawberry Festivals, Blues Festivals, Jazz Festivals, Flower
> Festivals, Honey
> Festivals, Mustard Festivals, Wine Festivals, and just about anything
> else you want
> to make a festival for.

I think the most unusual "festival" I ever played at was the Sausalito,
CA Humming Toadfish Festival!

really.

The town had been suffering a unusual loud humming noise every summer
night coming from the harbor that no-one could figure out for the
longest time. When scientists discovered it was the mating call of the
Humming Toadfish the town decided to create a festival...

http://www.cdlponline.org/education/edarchives/humming/fullstory.html

Dave Richoux