[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jazz Festivals

Jim Denham james at jiming.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 02:45:53 PDT 2003

Dear Dick,

Thank you so very much for your comments.

My feelings about your cancer go without saying.

But to have played with Hackett, Wilson, Stacey, Martha Tilton and Hamp!
Yes, you're right: few have been as blessed as you (regardless of
religion, one way or the other).

By the way, have you ever heard the recording of Goodman on a borrowed
tenor sax, sitting in with Krupa's band on "Georgia" (in B flat)? No:
neither have I, John Chilton refers to it in his notes to an Arbors
Kenny Davern/Ken Peplowsky CD ("The Jazz Kennection"): apparently Ruby
Braff had a tape of it that he sent to Davern. I'd love to hear it.

Anyway, I envy you. And I wish you well for the future. My thoughts are
with you.

All the best,

Jim Denham

In message <017e01c3465a$cf8dbf00$927f3c04 at Rigbro>, Richard Broadie
<richard.broadie at gte.net> writes

--
Jim Denham