[Dixielandjazz] Duxophones

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 21:12:20 PDT 2003

Paul "Saxophonist" Edgerton pleads:

>Okay y'all we've had our monthly quota of puns about ducks, saxophones and
>the like. I like entertainment as much as anyone so let's have some
>on-topic
>entertainment again.

This isn't the sort of thing you can program. Like excretia, it just
happens. Such things need to run their course.

I will agree about the duck . . . I think it's pretty silly and a waste of
time although I have heard it expressed that "any time wasted is time well
spent."

However, the erudition displayed concerning the saxophone has been
informative and pertinent in today's prevalent atmosphere of doubt and
uncertainty.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Love Them Reeds" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com

ps - you know what is needed here? I'll tell you - we need a lot of
information on the care and maintenance of reeds. I know reed players whose
life begins and ends with the ability to properly sand and trim reeds.

And what about ligatures?

-bg