[Dixielandjazz] Dirty Trombone

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Tue Jul 8 10:01:44 PDT 2003

I like the commercial two part lubricant schemes, Starting from a clean, dry
slide, you put on the cream, wipe most of it off and lubricate with the
spray bottle containing the proper dilution of the liquid part of the
system.  The new creams don't cake up like the cold cream.  Holton's was
called TST, I think.  I'm sure there are others.  Trombotine is also a much
liked lubricant which comes from the UK, I think.

The other important advice is DON'T SMOKE!.

Ron L