[Dixielandjazz] How to play the saxophone

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 17:54:48 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/7/03 12:09:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
richard.broadie at gte.net writes:

> Thanks.  I'll try it out your advice next Friday at my American Legion gig.
> Just realized why everyone says my sax playing "sucks."  You say you BLOW
> into the SMALL end?  Now ya tell me!
>
> Dick B.
> >To play the sax, blow in the small end and move your fingers around ... as
> >quickly as possible.

Hey Dick:

I used to be a trumpet player, but switched to drums because I did not want
people thinking I was an alcoholic/drug addict musician.

Last year I learned how to play the saxophone on this list, if I had known it
was that easy I would have done it years ago.

Set up a circular fan on the stage, hang a saxophone from the ceiling in
front of the fan and it will play itself.  I now use it so I can charge doubling
fees ha hahahahaha.  And when I really want to make extra money, I hang three
or four of them up there and charge for a horn section.  yuk yuk!

Building a new band too, with a Drum machine my plays itself piano and four
saxes played by themselves, I'll just collect the money and sit at the bar and
drink and click the remote control and bother the waitress.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins