[Dixielandjazz] Biography (Paige VanVorst)

Paigevan at cs.com Paigevan at cs.com
Sat Jul 5 02:27:08 PDT 2003

I was born in Minneapolis in 1946. Growing up I listened often to the local
Doc Evans and Hall Brothers bands, developed a lifelong taste for OKOM,
particularly New Orleans Jazz. Graduated from Univ of MN in 1968 (Acctg major-I'm a
CPA) and began a career in banking. Currently am a VP in Coml Loan dept of a
local bank. Co-owned New Orleans Records, 1972-92, on staff of Mississippi Rag
from Vol 1 No. 1 to present. Editor, JazzBeat Magazine (George Buck's house
organ), 1996-present.
Married, three children, two grandchildren.