[Dixielandjazz] Getting Paid

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Thu Jul 3 13:07:39 PDT 2003

Should mention that I did not steal the furniture from the hotel.  That was
how the hotel figured out how to pay me.  If any stealing was done, it was
the hotel stealing from their other creditors to pay me.  Funny, that didn't
seem like stealing at the time, although the Palm Springs Police Department
thought I was a fence for some burglar at the time.  Hotel was kind enough
to give me documentation that the furniture was indeed mine to sell.  Glad
that documentation wasn't eventually presented against them in bankruptcy
court, something that could have easily happened, according to my 20/20
hindsight.

Important thing is I've never really been stiffed.  It may have taken me 6
months to get paid, but that was from folks like Dick Clark Producitions,
Warner Bros. and Capitol Records.

Dick B