[Dixielandjazz] House Of The Rising Sun

glen page gpage at direct.ca
Wed Jul 2 19:31:23 PDT 2003

Hi y'all,

I've just come back from a 3 week trip to the South to follow the blues
highway, ie .Highway 61.

In New Orleans I stayed at The House Of T he Rising Sun Bed And Breakfast in
Algiers.I can recommend the place without any reservations. It is run by a
historian of jazz on the West Bank.Access to N.O. is via a free ferry to the
foot of Canal St. which is 4 mins. walk away.

I know that does not answer your question but Kevin who runs the business
would.

Anybody looking for accommodation in N.O. could do no better than to stay
there. Park your car and ride the ferry to the Quarter. An added incentive
is that when you get off the ferry in Algiers you are only steps away from
the Dry Dock Cafe which is a great little pub which serves the best red
beans and rice in the city. Two mins walk away is the Crown and Anchor pub,
which was closed when I was there but should be open now.

Try www. houseoftherisingsunbnb.com to find out more, you will not be
disappointed.

By the way I have supped numerous pints at The House Of The Rising Sun in
Manchester, England before coming to Canada.

Cheers to all, Glen.