[Dixielandjazz] Question about John Best

fred spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Wed Jul 2 16:31:17 PDT 2003

"John McClanian Best, Jr. was born in Shelby, NC, on 20
Oct.1913...Although a serious injury in a fall from a ladder in 1982
caused him to be confined to a wheel chair, he continued to play into
the mid 1980s , working with former members of both Miller's band (in
Australia, 1984) and of Crosby's (1985) [Guts!] ...he may be seen with
Miller in the the film 'Sun Valley Serenade.'"From "The New Grove
Dictionary of Jazz", 2.ed. (2002)  Regards.