[Dixielandjazz] Question about John Best

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Wed Jul 2 02:54:00 PDT 2003

Hi Folks:

While listening to a local big band and OKOM station, KCEA 89.1 in Menlo
Park, Ca. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the voice of John "Johnny" Best,
trumpet man. He was doing one of those promos "You are now listening to the Big
Band sounds on KCEA"

Does anyone out there know if he is still playing? I suspect he is living in
the LA area, but any info about his current situation would satisfy my
curiosity.

Section Players like John Best and Dick Cathcart and Manny Klein deserve a
mention in any top 25 list of the greatest trumpet players (at least in my
opinion).

Thanks in advance.
Art Wood