[Dixielandjazz] Crazy

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Tue Jul 1 08:54:35 PDT 2003

 Ken Gates wrote:

> I have heard Abe Most do a tasty version of "Crazy"---
> Seems to me really good OKOM musicians can find a way to
> play any tune that has an identifiable melody. (In OKOM style
> that is)--

Bob Ringwald adds:

Absolutely.  I have never heard Louis do anything I didn't like.  And,
listen to Gene Mayl's recording of C&W tunes.

Yank Lawson & Bob Haggart also did an album of C&W.

And, listen to the World's Greatest Jazz Band's recording on which they do
some more modern tunes such as "Up Up And Away" & "Mrs Robinson."

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA