[Dixielandjazz] Help? Wild Bill 1951 Boston

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Fri Jan 31 16:20:25 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/31/03 2:54:23 PM Central Standard Time,
richard.broadie at gte.net writes:

> I'm listening to a November 7, 1951 recording by Wild Bill Davison that was
> recorded in Storyville in Boston.  The clarinet player is listed as Frank
> Chance but sounds more like Pee Wee Russell than any actual human clone
> could sound.  Anyone know if a Frank Chance lived or should the name on the
> album be Fat Chance, instead?
>
> Any info would be appreciated
>
> Dick Broadie

   Frank chase is a Chicago clarinetist who is still around but has been
mainly inactive for years.  Frank is easily the finest Pee Wee Russell
impressionist who ever came down the pike.

Isn't Eph Resnick on that album?  Eph is-was a pretty good Teagarden
impressionist years ago but his style changed.

Jim Beebe