[Dixielandjazz] RE: "Bodges...."

PLadd36932 at aol.com PLadd36932 at aol.com
Wed Jan 29 07:21:52 PST 2003

futurecon at earthlink.net writes:

<< he locked himself into the control room one day and played Art
 Mooney's "I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover" for 24-hours.  >>

There must be something about that tune.
I remember Jack Jackson, the leading DJ in the UK in the forties playing that
tune four times in a row one night.
I remember it because at the time I was stuck in an almost empty army camp
out in the Essex marshes. It was cold, miserable and Christmas, and almost
the entire regiment had gone on home leave.Left behind with about six other
guys was Lance Bombardier  Pat Ladd.
We were supposed to be protecting the camp from `squatters`. Civilians who
were illegally moving into unoccupied army camps at the time.
We actually found one family of squatters and we were going to evict them but
when I discovered that the guy played a solid boogie piano I let him stay.
Until the officers came back from leave anyway.
It horrifies me to think that was 55 years ago.

Cheers

PatL