[Dixielandjazz] Re:"Go Back Where You Stayed Last Night"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Wed Jan 29 11:32:44 PST 2003

Dear George,
When I read Don's post, the Ory version came to mind immediately, but I decided
not to 'show off'.
I had the original 78 album.
However, as you ask, herewith the details:
A Columbia session in LA. 6 July 1950. Reissued on LP and a European Columbia CD
471557 in 1994.
Vocal by Lee Sapphire & cltist Joe Darensbourg with Teddy Buckner, t; Ory;
Darensbourg; Lloyd Green, p; Morty Corb; sb; Minor Hall, d; plus Ed Shrivanek,
g.
(After Bud Scott died in July 1949, Ory only ever used guitarists on record
dates.)
There is an earlier version of the song by Ory's band ( with Mutt Carey) and a
Darensbourg vcl from a 10 Feb 1946 (or 1947?) Green Room, San Francisco
broadcast, available on American Music AMCD-42.
Kind regards,
Bill.