[Dixielandjazz] Bill Gunter re/ amps

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 28 23:06:53 PST 2003

Hello Bob Craven,

You ask:

>Bill what type amp and pickup do you use on your washboard?

For a pickup I prefer the Dimarzio super-distortion humbucker and I like the
Fender Acoustisonic Amp.

I don't actually hook them together or plug the amplifier unit in to a power
source. I simply like the rattling sound made when I whack the humbucker
with my thimbles and the Fender amp is exactly the right height to put my
right foot on when I decide to play the washboard on my knee.

Glad you asked . . . it's the sharing of technical problems and solutions
such as these which make washboard playing the "state-of-the-art" skill that
it is and continually improves the sound qualities of your basic "sunnyland"
washboard from Columbus Washboard Company.

Glad to have been of service,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com