Re(2): [Dixielandjazz] list clutter

Dick Miller Dick_Miller at pmug.org
Tue Jan 28 07:12:23 PST 2003

patcooke at cox.net writes:
>2) If you don't want to delete, highlight the part you want to print,
>right
>click, then select copy.  Send a message to your self, right clock, and
>press paste.  Print that.
>Pat Cooke

Caution: these instructions do not apply unless you're using a Windows
operating system.

Your email program may require different a procedure. For example, in
mine, I select the text I want to include in the reply, then issue the
appropriate "reply" command (there are several from which to choose: to
all, to sender, to conference, etc.). The result is a message with the
selected text displayed as at the top of this message.

To sum up, try to learn the best/easiest way to reply, quoting the
appropriate part of the original message, modifying the subject if
necessary, keeping your signature file (if you use one) at a reasonable
length, and choosing the audience you want to receive the message
carefully. If we all pay a little more attention to how we do what we do,
we'll all enjoy less clutter and clearer communication.

--Dick Miller