[Dixielandjazz] Computers

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton at eds.com
Thu Jan 23 10:44:12 PST 2003

David Palmquist wrote:
"You haf yust received t'e "Minnesota Virus"!!!   As Minnesotans from Sweden

don't haf programming experiens, dis virus werks on t'e honour
system.   Please delete all t'e files on your hard drive, then manually
forward this virus to everyone on your mailing list.   T'anks for yer
cooperation."

What is it with you Minnesota guys? If you're going to steal something and
then distribute to the general population, at least be sure the recipe works
-- this ain't "hot dish."

Since my parents were native Minnesotans, I feel a certain responsibility to
point out that this "Minnesota Virus" is a hoax, you betcha. In the real
one, you forward the virus first, THEN delete all the files on your hard
drive.

Paul Edgerton, whose very first record was
               "Oly Swenson, King of the Great North Woods"