[Dixielandjazz] Country & Western to Dixieland?

Bigbuttbnd at aol.com Bigbuttbnd at aol.com
Wed Jan 22 17:05:39 PST 2003

The late Peanuts Fitch had a great way of converting country classics to
Dixie. He had a knack for it and knew just how to phrase things to make them
swing. Anything by Bob Wills makes the transition easily. All of the Hank
Wlliams tunes work, as well. Peanuts sang the crap out of "Honky Tonk Angels"
and folks requested it every night.. "My Little Red Wagon" was another that
worked very well. Of course, Peanuts, being raised among multiple musical
styles, as most southerners were in the 40's, also made gospel swing and fit
lots of gospel tunes into our repertoire. We miss him!

Rocky Ball
Atlanta Georgia