[Dixielandjazz] Re: Clarinet reeds & Fazola

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Wed Jan 22 07:05:56 PST 2003

>>>Is it true that he was very fond of garlic dishes and whoever inherited
his
clarinet (someone famous - can't remember who) said that every time he
warmed it up there'd be a big hum of garlic wafting around the room!<<<

     He did like garlic.   I never noticed the odor of garlic when he
played, but Pete Fountain has of his clarinets, and he says he doesn't play
it because he can't get the tasted and smell of garlic out of the horn.
    Pat Cooke