[Dixielandjazz] Banjos

Williams, Bob robert.c.williams at eds.com
Tue Jan 21 20:33:25 PST 2003

I've found this to be especially true of tuba players.  They *deplore* being
in the rhythm section.  The better the tubist, the more he resents backing
up front linesmen he considers to be inferior musicians.

Since most of them are failed trumpet players who were forced by their
conductors to switch instruments, this is entirely understandable.  But
still tiresome.

Charlie, I could rattle off a couple names but you probably know some of the
guys I'm thinking about.

Bob Williams
The World's Most Modest Man and
The Noumenal Leader of the Wooden Nickel Jass Band
<http://wnjb.com>