[Dixielandjazz] Asiatech engine playing The Saints

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Fri Jan 17 14:42:18 PST 2003

OK, I will buy it if the quick transitions can be explained - you
cannot jump that many revolutions per minutes  without even a tiny
"slurring"

OTOH, wasting time (and not too much money) to make music in odd ways:
back in 1976 a fellow student at the San Jose State University
Industrial Design/Industrial Studies department determined that he
could program a punch-tape reading machine (used for controlling
various cutting machines before digital systems were developed)  to
vibrate a piece of card-stock held in the punch-pins to play a tune! As
I recall he made this multi-thousand dollar machine play a simple
Beatles tune...

Dave Richoux