[Dixielandjazz] Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 17 14:05:35 PST 2003

List Mates:

Thanks to all of you who sent me information about the Dirty Dozen. I'm
on my way to get a CD. This should be one hell of a rousing gig for the
audience. Maybe not strictly trad OKOM, but surely great OKOM for many
of us. Barbone Street will be playing high energy, push the beat
Dixieland that hits you in the face, like it did at Condon's in the
1950s when you opened that front door. (as written about in Sudhalter's
"Lost Chords")

For anyone going to be in the Reading PA area, here are gig details.
Suggest you get a ticket early as it will surely sell out.

Event: First Energy Berk's Jazz Festival 3/21 till 3/30
Wednesday: March 26, Downtown Reading
Time; 7:30 PM till 10:30 or so.
Theme: New Orleans Mardi Gras Night.
Bands: Barbone Street & Dirty Dozen
Venue: Lincoln Plaza Hotel Ballroom
Cost: $30.00. Reserved Seating for about 600.
Ticketing:
Direct from Festival: 610-898-7298 or
Ticketmaster: 215-336-2000 or
www.ticketmaster.com

To view the entire "ticketed" schedule visit the jazz fest at
http://www.berksjazzfest.com/
click on ticketed schedule

The line up will astonish you from Bela Fleck to Dirty Dozen with a
whole bunch of Grammy Winners, Nominees, and wonderful musicians in
between.

Also bear in mind that there are at least 50 more non ticketed events
going on during the 10 day period. It is a lot more expensive than the
typical OKOM festival, but maybe this is the way to do it? It makes a
profit too, as well as paying top dollar for the musicians and bands.
The entire city gets behind it and several hundred thousand people
attend various events and spend $$$ in the city.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone