[Dixielandjazz] Kenton & Feather

Burt Wilson futurecon at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 17 08:36:10 PST 2003

I was Stan Kenton's PR rep for over a year when he was a spokesperson for
Craig Stereo Systems in the late 60's. Knew him well. I know he was NOT a
racist. Everything with him was one on one--like or dislike per individual.

As an aside, I put Kenton in the same category as the French Impressionists
in that he was an artist who had a vision of something different who
followed through on what he saw as a new art form in the face of public
rejection of the different and unusual. It takes courage and flair to flaunt
the conventional and manifest something different in the world. One has to
hold fast to one's dream. He was a very courageous man.

Burt Wilson
Silver Dollar Jazz Band