[Dixielandjazz] Condon Fans - New CDs out on 21st.

Jazzjerry at aol.com Jazzjerry at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 14:55:39 PST 2003

The "Jam Session - Coast to Coast" LP which was Columbia CL547 featured 6
tracks by the Rampart Street Paraders who were comprised of Clyde Hurley -
Trumpet; Abe Lioncoln - Trombone; Matty Matlock - Clarinet; Eddie Miller -
Clarinet / Tenor; Stan Wrightsman - Piano; George Van Eps - guitar; Phil
Stephens - Bass; Nick Fatool - Drums. Recorded on 23rd October 1953 the
tracks were I ain't Gonna Give Nobody None Of My Jelly Roll / Ja-Da / The
Sheik Of Araby / Black & Blues / South Rampart Street Parade / Squeeze Me.

The Collectables series are in common with their normal policy 'Two-fers' (2
LPs on 1 CD) taken from the original Columbia LPs rather than the Mosaic
issue (MCD-152) which actually puts the Condion sessions from November 1953
to September 1962 in chronological order.

full details of the Collectables albums are available from their website at
www.oldies.com. For those of you outside the US of A I don't think you can
order direct on the site but I am expecting supplies very shortly!

Cheers,

Jerry