[Dixielandjazz] Condon Fans - New CDs out on 21st.

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 12:54:25 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/14/03 9:56:50 AM Central Standard Time, dwlit at cpcug.org
writes:

> The Condons were issued previously in a Mosaic set at $16 per CD; lotsa
> great stuff. Make sure you get the "Jammin' at Condons", one of my favorite
> albums; it's in stereo, and one can hear Condon's plectrum guitar clearly.
> The only loser in the bunch (IMHO) is "Midnight in Moscow" because the guys
> didn't cope well with non-dixieland tunes, but I can't remember
> specifically the "Roaring Twenties" album. The Rampart Street Paraders are
> a bunch of Condonites lead, IIRC, by clarinetist Matty Matlock (the
> complete Paraders session is on another Mosaic set, "Condon Mob").

   Correction:  the Rampart St. Paraders were not a 'bunch of condonites'.
They were, in fact, west coast movie studio sidemen,
led by Matty Matlock.  Greats such as Abe Lincon, Nick Fatool and others
grace these sides.   Some of their sides shared an album with Jammin at
Condon's and hence the confusion, I believe.  Perhaps some else can sort this
out.

  Jim Beebe