[Dixielandjazz] Kudos to Bob Romans

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Mon Jan 13 19:37:26 PST 2003

Hi,

I just had to send a quick note praising Bob Romans for the EXCELLENT JOB
he's done with the youth band he directs. Yesterday, I saw the BARKIN' DAWG
Jazz Band at the STJS Rent Party, and I was favorably impressed by them,
both individually and as a tight group.

Confident and  independent of their director, these kids hit the ground
running from the very first number. Bob stood at the back and just watched
like a proud papa, not at all like a stage mom or smother hen.  :)

Congratulations, Bob, on organizing, motivating, teaching and inspiring
these talented high school students. Great job of getting them out and about
to play gigs whenever possible. I don't know how you've kept this same group
together for so long; they must love it. "Ya done good, son!"

Love and hugs,
Nancy