[Dixielandjazz] Mazzeo System Clarinets

Russ Guarino russg@redshift.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:59:58 -0800

It is true, in the break area,  the A to B move on the clarinet is awkward
particularly for a trill.  On the regular fingering, you can use the right hand
side keys, but they are not in tune.  An extra key for playing the B might work
if it was not too awkward.   As I try to see it in my mind's eye, I trouble
figuring out how an extra key in the left hand, index finger could be used from
A to B as the index finger is pressing the A key.  How could it be also used to
activate a B key?  Maybe an extra thumb key of some sort?

Russ Guarino