[Dixielandjazz] The Torch

garwall2 garwall2@sedona.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:12:37 -0700

Listmates,
   Interesting that "The Torch" should come up. It is my wife's favorite and
her favorite person is to sing it is Earl McKee with the High Sierra Jazz
Band.
   A couple of years ago we attended the Orange County (CA) Jazz Festival
where the band was performing and I asked Earl's wife if he had received
classical voice training because he sounds as if had. She replied that Earl
with the exception of church choir was completely self taught. Having done a
little singing long, long ago in my opinion Earl could be hired on Broadway
any time he wanted. I guess he just prefers the Tuba.
   Gary (one lung) Wallbridge