[Dixielandjazz] CD burners

David Livingston snargi01@yahoo.com
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:16:40 -0800 (PST)

I went to Yamaha's site and looked at this. It isn't
what you think. This prints to the "Data" side of the
recordable disc. Not the label side. It is an
interesting technology but I'm not convinced such a
disc would work in all CD players.

Dave

--- garwall2 <garwall2@sedona.net> wrote:
> Listmates,
>    Several days ago one of the members posted an
> e-mail stating that he
> would like to see someone put out a CD burner that
> would not only record
> music but would also print the label directly onto
> the disc rather than
> having to print a separate paper label.
>    Your prayer has been answered!
>    In this morning's Phoenix Republic "FRY'S" ad
> they listed and I quote;
>  Yamaha
> ultimate CD-RW drive
> Exclusive DiscT (disc tattoo) system
> burns graphics and text on any CD,
> eliminating the need for labels.
> $99.99= -$20 rebate = $79.99.
>   I have no interest in FRY'S, or Yamaha and I have
> no idea what the end
> results look like or even how good the burner may be
> but it's an idea.
>    Gary (one lung) Wallbridge
>    Cottonwood, AZ

=====
David Livingston
Dixieland Gumbo -- Internet Radio Station
Today's hot bands playing OKOM!
http://www.live365.com/stations/63607

If you are interested in getting airplay for your traditional
Jazz band recordings, contact me at snargi01@yahoo.com