[Dixielandjazz] Blue Room

Patrick Cooke patcooke@cox.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 08:42:25 -0600

Jim asks:
>>Would it possible that this is the hotel broadcasts I listened to in
1956/57?  Roosevelt Hotel seems to ring a bell.<<
     Right...The Roosevelt Hotel late-night broadcasts from the Blue Room.
     I used to listen frequently.  I had a phone jack added to my Emerson
table radio so I could listen without disturbing anyone.
     I remember there was a bad note on the piano, and the pianists would
purposely dwell on the bad note.
     Pat Cooke