[Dixielandjazz] AM radio

Randy Fendrick jfendrick@bak.rr.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:40:20 -0800

Don't take this wrong but wasn't that  the station from Del Rio Texas,
which was actually in Mexico, and during the late 1950s trying to sell
autographed copies of pictures of our Saviour, Jesus Christ?  That is
how it was advertised.  I remember hearing that story when I was in the
Navy School of Music in Washington during the late 1950's.  Pat Orres
who some of you might know from your navy days used to tell a rather
funny story about that station.
later,
Randy Fendrick
Southside Chicago Seven