[Dixielandjazz] Re: Village Stompers - Joe Muranyi

Ittzés Tamás bohem@mail.datanet.hu
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:52:25 +0100

Dear Bill and whoever is interested:

Joe Muranyi actually refused to be included in Armstrong's band because of
the success of the Village Stompers he played with. For the second time (a
few years later) he said 'yes' as we all know. At least this it what he told
me.

He married a while ago (I believe, it was already four or five years ago)
and moved to Oslo together with his Norwegian wife Jorun. I don't know his
present address either, but he can contacted by email at joejor@netcom.no -
and he certainly can inform you about the exact line-up of the Village
Stompers.

Good luck,

Tamas
Tamas ITTZES - violin teacher, ragtime pianist, manager
Kodaly School, Bohem Ragtime Jazzband, Kecskemet Jazz Foundation
Address: Kecskemet-Hetenyegyhaza H-6044, Hullam u. 14.
Mailing address: Kecskemet H-6001, Pf. 652.
Cellular phone: +36(20)960-7169, Tel.: +36(76)509-178, Tel./Fax:
+36(76)472-438
E-mails: bohem@mail.datanet.hu, bohemragtime@hotmail.com
Website: http://www.bohemragtime.com/