[Dixielandjazz] Re: Village Stompers

Dan Augustine ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 23:19:13 -0600

>From: "Bill Haesler" <bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au>
>Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:43:30 +1100
>
>Dear friends,
>This band is not really OKOM.
>Just kidding!
>I have Epic 2 LPs, with no information on the covers other than that they were
>arranged, conducted and produced by Joe Sherman..
>Also, I have (somewhere) a reference to the personnel of this mid
>60s NYC-based.
>Kenny Ball 'look-a-like', studio Dixie band, but can't find it.
>It may even have been mentioned on the DJML a while back.
>Can anyone please help?
>For a change, I have an enquiry I can't answer.
>My enquirer thinks Joe Muranyi was involved, but I doubt this.
>Kind regards,
>Bill.
**------------------------------------------------------------------------**
Bill and others--
     I have a CD (Collectables COL-5840, Sony #a-284555) made from two
LP's: "Washington Square" (Epic 9617, 1963) and "More Sounds of
Washington Square" (Epic 26090, 1964).  The CD-notes say that "Dick
Brady, Ralph Casals, Don Coates, Frank Hubbel, Mitchell May, Joe
Muranyi, Al McManus and Lenny Pogan made up the Village Stompers."
The producer was indeed Joe Sherman.
     Don't know if that's the info you needed, but that's all i have.
The notes also have info on other LP's.

Dan
--
**  Dan Augustine     Austin, Texas     ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu  **
**       "The Texan turned out to be good-natured, generous and       **