[Dixielandjazz] Kazoo Marching Bands

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley@earthlink.net
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:07:49 -0700

Snip from Bill Gunter:
"And added to the already burdensome task of the kazooist is the fact that
THEY GET NO RESPECT! This is not a fair world!"

Ah,  Herr Kazoomeister,  I must respectfully disagree.  Here in our quaint
high mountain enclave of Georgetown, Colorado the world is indeed fair.
Every Fourth of July our Friend's of the Library Kazoo Marching Band struts
and hums in front of an adoring crowd as they lead our annual parade.  They
are treated with such adulation that  town notables have even advanced the
idea of an event alluded to in earlier threads here on the DJML.  Would you
believe Kazoos Along The Rockies?