[Dixielandjazz] Fw: [TPIN] Government Legislation (UK)

PLadd36932@aol.com PLadd36932@aol.com
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:04:16 EST

In a message dated 06/01/03 20:36:36 GMT Standard Time, cellblk7@attbi.com
writes:

<< If you wish to sign an e-petition against this Bill then follow this link:

Thanks for the support but it seems a bit premature to get into a tailspin
over thjis.

I don`t know what the organisers of this petition intend to do with it. Send
it to Tony Blair?

It would do a lot more good to write to your Member of Parliament, in
English, preferably with an occasional full stop.

Some of the ramifications presented in this post, if true, are very worrying.
Pubs of course have always had to be licensed for singing and dancing,
although local authorities have often not bothered to enforce this uinless
there has been trouble.
Licensing of music in private houses and gardens. I dont believe it.

Presumably the MU have access to professional legal opinion and can, if
required ,organise representation of our views.

Fingers crossed

PatL